The Wireless Bridge 7230 is a low-cost, carrier-class, high-capacity point-to-point broadband transmission system that packs Ethernet over the 5.8/5.4 GHz unlicensed and 4.9 GHz Public Safety bands. It enables service providers to deploy Ethernet links more cost effectively than other solutions. The Wireless Bridge 7230 provides high-capacity connectivity of up to 17 Mbps effective net throughput at full duplex. It operates in both the license-exempt band, thus eliminating regulatory delays, as well as the 4.9 GHz Public Safety band. It is suitable for deployment in FCC, CSA and ETSI regulated countries.
Основные функции :
- A data rate of up to 48 Mbps
- A transmission range of up to 20 miles (40 km) with integrated antennas
- A transmission range of up to 50 miles (80 km) with optional external antennas
- High reliability and availability based on robust air interface
- Compliance with FCC, CAN/CSA, Taiwanese, Chinese and ETSI regulations
Возможности и преимущества
Viable applications of the Wireless Bridge 7230 include:
- Broadband Access: The Wireless Bridge 7230 provides broadband access
services such as broadband Ethernet to small and medium enterprises as
well as municipalities.
- Wireless Mesh Network
Backhauling: The Wireless Bridge 7230 provides a robust and
cost-effective connection for Nortel’s Wireless Access Points,
including integrated network management.
- Hot-Spot Backhauling: As compared with expensive E1/T1 leased lines,
the Wireless Bridge 7230 provides a more cost-effective alternative
for last-mile connectivity between WLAN access points and the data
- Wireless ISP Backhaul: Wireless
Internet Service Providers (WISP) use backhaul to connect their
Points of Presence (POP) to their network operation centers. With
the Wireless Bridge 7230, WISPs have higher capacity with a range of
up to 80 km (50 miles) in a cost-effective package.
- Remote Sites Connectivity: The Wireless Bridge 7230 is offered to
enterprises with multiple sites that require a cost-effective and
transparent connection of a LAN system across their various campuses.
- 4.940 GHz to 4.990 GHz
- 5.470 GHz to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 GHz to 5.850 GHz
- Up to 48 Mbps, user-configurable
- 4.9 GHz: 10 dBm (max)
- 5.4 GHz: 7 dBm (max)
- 5.8 GHz: 17 dBm (max)
- Глубина: 5.8 cm
- Ширина: 30.5 cm
- Высота: 30.5 cm
- Вес: 1.5 kg
Operating environment specifications:
unit and external antenna
- Enclosure: all-weather case